[ROVERNET - UK] 3500S intermittent power loss- similar situation with P6B

Peter Mitchell peter_m at amnet.net.au
Tue Sep 18 13:58:30 BST 2007

Hi Netters,

I had this problem 2 years ago, running out of power going up a large hill
on the way to work each morning. When I pulled out the reserve knob, power
returned.

My mechanic checked the fuel pressure coming in to the carburettors from the
fuel pump, and it was hopelessly low. The reason was found to be the
arrangement of the fuel lines following the fitting of a new fuel pump.

With the re-arrangement of the fuel line from the pump, the engine regained
power.

This is a very evasive non-technical submission, because I cannot recall the
exact description of what was done. Suffice to say - check the fuel flow and
work from there.

Peter Mitchell
Rover P6B
Perth Western Australia