[ROVERNET - UK] RE: rovernet Digest, Vol 58, Issue 22

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 19 12:33:13 BST 2007

- Message: 1> Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 20:58:30 +0800> From: "Peter Mitchell"=
 > Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] 3500S intermittent power loss- similar> situati=
on with P6B> To: > Message-ID: > Content-Type: text/plain; charset=3D"us-as=
cii">> Hi Netters,>> I had this problem 2 years ago, running out of power g=
oing up a large hill> on the way to work each morning. When I pulled out th=
e reserve knob, power> returned.>> My mechanic checked the fuel pressure co=
ming in to the carburettors from the> fuel pump, and it was hopelessly low.=
 The reason was found to be the> arrangement of the fuel lines following th=
e fitting of a new fuel pump.>> With the re-arrangement of the fuel line fr=
om the pump, the engine regained> power.>> This is a very evasive non-techn=
ical submission, because I cannot recall the> exact description of what was=
 done. Suffice to say - check the fuel flow and> work from there.>> Peter M=
itchell> Rover P6B> Perth Western Australia>>>>>>> ------------------------=
------
My 2000 auto has been doing that for years on the main fuel line. I now run=
 it on the reserve line all the time. I will check the routing of the fuel =
line at some time.

James.=20