R: [ROVERNET - UK] TC Oil Drain Plug

Ben Rodgers irishrover at netscape.ca
Tue Mar 27 15:58:14 BST 2007

Hi Folks
             I'm gradually getting the TC ready for the road, today I tried
to change the engine oil and so far have been unable to remove the drain
plug, its extremely tight and being brass easily rounds off on the edges.
Plus I'm not sure what size it is I don't have a socket that fits nor a
wrench that is a good tight fit either. I recall having this problem in the
past and had to finally chissel one plug out it was so badly mauled.  Anyone
have any easy solutions and what size socket is needed.  is there such a
size as 13/16th that seems to be whats needed. Finally there are two drain
plugs one on each side, which should be use when draining or does it make
any difference?
              Regards  Ben (irishrover)

FREDERICK  (BEN) RODGERS.CD
Born in Belfast, Northern Ireland,
Author of "lily and me" a great book and a great read .
Order on line at amazon
Visit my web page  http://home.netscape.ca/~rodgl/