[ROVERNET - UK] P5 speedo differences

peter king peter at king-co.com
Wed Feb 7 17:36:42 GMT 2007

Hi all

First, many (delayed) thanks to all for your help with heater motor
lube choices. I'm now trying to find a way to repair the top bearing
cup, which came loose from the cap due to rusty, weak tabs on the
retainer. Probably more likely that I'll need to replace the motor,
but we'll see...

Question for today is: Can anyone tell me the functional difference
between a speedo built for a P5 Mk II and a MK III? I imagine they
are calibrated differently, but has anyone swapped them and measured
the difference? I have a spare from a MKII, but need to replace my
MKIII speedo.

Thanks,

Peter

peter king + company