[ROVERNET - UK] P5 speedo differences

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Wed Feb 7 20:16:14 GMT 2007

Hi Peter,

> Question for today is: Can anyone tell me the functional
>difference  between a speedo built for a P5 Mk II and a
>MK III? I imagine they  are calibrated differently, but
>has anyone swapped them and measured  the difference? I
>have a spare from a MKII, but need to replace my  MKIII
>speedo.

Just from looking at the parts book, it would seem that
the difference in the speedos relates to the difference in
rear end ratios, so you can calculate the percentage
difference in the Mk. II and Mk. III diffs and find out
how much the speedo would be off...this assumes you know
the ratio of the diff in the car the Mk. II speedo came
from.

Roverly,
Kent K.