[ROVERNET - UK] International Shipping Question

Glen WIlson glenwilson at cavtel.net
Sat Mar 18 17:11:42 GMT 2006

Hi,

I was going to list some items on eBay and had an international shipping
question. For USPS Global Express Mail shipments, most countries specify
that they require a certain customs form and that it must be in a
special envelope. I don't remember having to do this in the past, and
especially not for shipping something from the USA to Canada.

Have things changed that much?

I'd like to offer to ship internationally, but I'm not sure I want to be
filling out customs forms and procuring special envelopes for them to go
into.

I generally use USPS Priority Mail in the USA because it is easy, quick,
and is generally only marginally more expensive than standard post, but
that's only good for domestic addresses.

I'd appreciate suggestions from people who have shipped small packages
out of the USA recently or know what the story is on the other end.

Some additional info below.

Thanks.

Glen

Customs Forms Required (123)
Letter-post: PS Form 2976 or 2976-A (see 123.61)
Parcel Post: PS Form 2976-A inside 2976-E (envelope)

Global Express Mail® Shipments

The customs form requirement for EMS
shipments varies by country. Use PS
Form 2976 Customs Form or PS Form
2976-A Customs Declaration and
Dispatch Note as specified by the
country. Consult your local Post
Office for additional details.

Consult your local Post Office or
the online International Mail Manual
for additional information about
customs requirements in your
destination country.

A customs form is not required on the following categories of mail:

Global Express Mail (EMS) shipments
(to certain destination countries)
that weigh less than 16 ounces and
that contain documents, business