[ROVERNET - UK] P5B Saloon

Rod Blair roverp4au at yahoo.com.au
Mon Jul 18 10:21:10 BST 2005

Hi Rovernetters,

I've just bought an Arden Green P5B Saloon #84100598C
which was purchased new from Lex Mead Southhampton on
March 3rd 1972 ~ I have the original paperwork ~ and
brought to Australia in 1974. There are a couple of
anomalies I'd like some help with. (Unfortunately the
original owner has passed away).
The car is in excellent condition, fully registered
and great to drive. Air conditioning has been fitted
(by the dealer?)therefore the tool tray is now under
the parcel tray on the left, it still has the manual
choke but most perplexing of all, it has the ancillary
gauges fitted fitted to the binnacle as per a coupe.
There are only 2 warning lights on the dash an d there
is no sign of one being removed. It also has a
tachometer in place of the normal 3 gauge instrument
cluster. I can find no reference to the gauges being
offered as an option and I can only assume that this
was a special order. Can anyone enlighten me please?
Thanks
Rod Blair