[ROVERNET - UK] gear change w/roll pin

Jim Cumberland fjcumberland at sc.rr.com
Mon Oct 4 03:33:16 BST 2004

After a series of the inevitable delays, I finally got time to poke around
the gear change on my '71 NADA TC.  Rather than having a clamp bolt on the
end of the shift rod, it has a roll pin.  Does anyone know of an easy means
of adjusting the position of the gear change rod?  It looks like a bit of a
tough job to make the adjustment by driving out the roll pin, making the
adjustment, and holding everything in place while re-inserting the roll pin
. . . .  I am assuming that this mechanism is a later one - am  I
missing  another adjustment point?  Should I replace the clamp that uses
the roll pin with one that uses a clamp bolt?

Thanks!

Jim