[ROVERNET - UK] gear change w/roll pin

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 04:35:07 BST 2004

Jim,
I was wondering if you also had the Series 2 aluminum
gearbox extension to match the change rod with roll
pin.
Thanks to a friend in the UK, I retro fitted my
gearbox with the later system.  The finger which sits
in the gear change rods is not adjustable on my car.
The location is determined by the gearshift on the
tunnel and a non-worn black plastic locator which you
pull up to select reverse.  The bottom of this plastic
sleeve has to be in good condition so that first is
selected by moving the shifter forward and the plastic
lump glides along the aluminum housing (that's 1st and
2nd).When you select 3rd and 4th, the plastic locator
is moved away from the shifter housing.  The beauty is
that I don't have to fiddle around with the selector
through the hole in the tunnel.
lever reverse stop" # 540685

Eric

=====