[ROVERNET - UK] Raising the Rover

Robert Pinner robert at clocksoft.com
Tue Aug 17 12:14:00 BST 2004

You do know you can buy variable rate springs from Ray Weekleys in the
UK for about 50.00 pounds per pair?
I realise the exchange rate isn't brilliant and there will be freight to
pay on top, but even so, it sounds like a much cheaper option.
I've fitted them to every P6 I've owned and although I can't speak
scientifically about them, I have always been pleased with the results.

Ray Weekleys number is +44 1205 87080 from outside the UK.

The previous owner of my car was a keen tower. He'd made some spring
seats which raised the rear by about 1.5 inch. They fitted in the spring
pan on the lower arm. If I remember corrcectly they were turned from a
solid lump of steel and weighed at least as much as the springs.

They are lurking in the garage somewhere if someone wants a picture but
basically they look like this:

   |     |

Rob