[ROVERNET - UK] NADA air conditioning compressor & sloppy gearchange - 2000 TC

Fritz Rauschenberg wfritz at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 17 11:06:35 BST 2004

Jim,
I solved the "rubber ball" on the end of the shift lever problem by having an
automotive machine shop braze a brass ball on the end of it the same size as the
rubber one. It makes very little noise and works well. Brass is softer than the steel
coupler it fits into so it will be the part to wear(and eventually be replaced).
Fritz Rauschenberg
Atlanta, GA USA
69 TC Fed A/C