[ROVERNET - UK] TC shifting

Steven Dibdin sdibdin at hotmail.com
Tue May 27 02:48:12 BST 2008

Hi Gordon,

I would check the clutch hydrolics for air in the system first. Easiest way to do a quick test would be to have the engine at idle, disengage the clutch and try and select reverse. If you get some grinding, or it takes too long for the lay shaft to spin down the clutch may not be disenaging fully.

If that works out fine. Check the condition of the reverse pull knob below the gear lever boot. I found mine was very worn and would let teh gear lever travel too far to the left. This would definatly cause the problems you describe. That's an easy fix, unscrew the gear lever knob, pull off the reverse knob and spring, replace with good second hand one. Your nearest P6 chap may well have a suitable one on the shelf.

Good luck,

Steven