[ROVERNET - UK] Fuel costs and fuel supply

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 29 20:55:49 GMT 2008

On the West Coast, it's about CDN$1.21 Litre for the
lowest octane.  That's about US$4.84 per U.S. gallon.

I don't think the prices will go lower unless as a
short spike downwards.  I saw an interesting
discussion on U.S. public TV the other night.  Charlie
Rose's guest was the North American President of Shell
Oil (soon to retire).  There are oil reserves around
North America, both on the mainland and off shore.  If
there was political will and the environmentalists
were ignored, the U.S.A. could almost be
self-sufficient in oil.

It was also interesting to note that Shell Oil had
investments in wind power and other non-petroleum
energy sources.

This is all to power Rovers, of course.

Eric

--- Steven Dibdin <sdibdin at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Be good to see you. There again it's $8- gallon back
> in the UK now. $3- seems cheap in comparison....

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca