[ROVERNET - UK] Rovernet posting troubles

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 27 20:59:32 GMT 2008

Bill,
Glad to see that you are back in operation. Thanks for
the note on the RCCC website.  As Glen says, remember
to click on your refresh button. I made some changes
late last night.  Apart from Glen's private help, and
John's note about for sale items, nobody has bothered
to offer an observation with the website until you
made a notation.  Pity.

Eric

--- Bill Robertson <rover2000nut at hotmail.com> wrote:

> For months i've been trying to post to the Rovernet
> hoping to chime in a bit of Rover wit or at least
> help some of the queries i've read.............while
> i could read the Rovernet i couldn't post to
> it........While i emailed a few people i never got
> an answer till Eric emailed me again and then
> ............not understanding his
> explanation.....(we here in Ontario understand a
> different English than those Westerners use....my
> story and i'm sticking to it)  i googled for the
> answer after Eric gave me the
> clues................seems Windows in their infinate
> wisdom when they took over Hotmail changed the
> settings of all email the text rich, because it
> looks flashier i suppose..........anyway i haven't
> upgraded it since it changed and for all that use it
> you can now switch to SHOW PLAIN TEXT ....which
> appears under the subject line.............to post
> you will have to see SHOW RICH TEXT under the
> subject line.....meaning you are in plain
> text.............Hope this may help someone else in
> the future and its great to be back in the Rover
> loop............BTW.......the Dirks website for the
> Rover meet is awesome ( although some appears in
> Spanish??? or maybe Western English    LOL) Both
> Glens new site and the site Eric is upgrading look
> great too..........
>
> The greatest line of all my latest reading is from
> the January issue of Practical Classics and the
> Rover 3500 article on pg 34 regarding the
> car............." I'm sorry. The director of
> accounting can't come to the phone at the moment.
> He's gone out in his Rover to bully
> Jaguars."..................................talking
> of converting the 3500 in the article to LPG for
> better gas mileage...............Of course they
> close off with how they'de love to chat some more
> but they too have some Jaguars to go out and bully
>
> Cheers
> Bill Robertson

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca