[ROVERNET - UK] Gallery Addition: Patrick Hiron's BLACK 3500S

phing phing at videotron.ca
Fri Mar 14 02:44:02 GMT 2008

HI
Thanks for the nice comments . This is  Rip Van Winkle , just out of storage after 20 yrs , with only 33.000 miles on the clock
.Now you can see why I've been getting my brakes into a twist ! Black wasn't a Rover 3500S  colour . RVW has a super paint job, with
a double gold paint coach line [ not stick on tape ] and V8 3500 painted in neat gold letters onto each side of the central hood air
scoop  I've looked every where for a trace of the Arden Green , which the Heritage cert claims was the original colour , and can't
find it . RVW was shipped to Canada in November 1969 and registered in Quebec in early 1971 . British cars tended to lurk unsold for
long periods at this time. Perhaps RVW was painted black , as a special order in the interim , or just to get rid of it !?
Cheers
 Patrick