[ROVERNET - UK] Right car, wrong place

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 14 18:01:34 BST 2008

OK Roland, you're being what a fifth-grade teacher would call an "instigator..."  :-)

Ditto your comments - nice and very worthwhile car, but I already have so many projects awaiting my attention I just can't see my way to adding another.  I have more storage space available than most people, but even so my wife is complaining that we live in a junkyard.

I never cease to be amazed at how many P6's still seem to be "out there" here in the US.  For a car that sold in pretty insignificant numbers here, the survival rate seems really rather high, though most are like this one - all there, but off the road for years.   I can only assume that the great majority of them were bought new by enthusiasts, and have always been owned by enthusiasts, who couldn't bring themselves to scrap them even when a similar Caddy or Lincoln would have been sent off to the crusher without a second thought.

Geoff

Message: 2