[ROVERNET - UK] Cork in float switches.

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 27 18:21:43 GMT 2008

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 10:41:57 -0800 (PST)
> From: Eric Russell <p6rovers at yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: [ROVERNET - UK] More queries  on P6 brakes
> To: rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com
>
> Sounds like a good reason to crack open a bottle of
> wine, consider your next move, and then use the cork
> from the empty bottle to fix your float switch. :-)
>
> Eric

A word of advice about corks. Best to go for a high quality bottle of wine, if you want a good cork. I would avoid coglomerate cork, the glue may react with brake fluid and then the cork may break apart. Also I am not sure how well the new plastic synthetic closures would work. I think that they would be hard to cut, and may react with the brake fluid also. A screw cap wine will not work at all.

If you are near any home winemaking shops you could stop by there and buy a good quality unused cork.

James.