[ROVERNET - UK] OT Fire Advisories

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 27 16:36:54 GMT 2008

We have had devasting forest fires here in British
Columbia, Canada.  The TV news reports demonstrate how
devasting fire can be.  Families get evacuation
orders, the fire sweeps by, and all their memories on
photos or computer are lost forever.  Insurance never
covers the complete loss. I find it worse when people
or animals are killed.  I wish the people well.

Eric

--- Kent Kinard <kentkinard at verizon.net> wrote:

> Rovernetters,
> We had another fire.  The one on New Year's Day 2006
> was over 40,000
> acres.  This one was far worse.  I was in
> Washington, D.C, Monday when
> it broke out.  In one day it burned an area
> approximately thirty miles
> by fifty miles.  Many of my ranchers were burned out
> completely.  One
> lost over forty-five sections of land.  The toll in
> livestock has yet to
> be counted.  Half the county I live in burned.
> Thanks to the Forcst
> Service, who water-bombed all the houses, no homes
> were lost and no
> injuries to persons reported...so far.  Three towns
> evacuated, but
> flames stopped short of each.  The fire is still
> burning in places.  If
> you are religious, please pray.
>
> Roverly,
> Kent K.

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca