[ROVERNET - UK] OT Fire Advisories

Kent Kinard kentkinard at verizon.net
Wed Feb 27 13:28:06 GMT 2008

Rovernetters,
We had another fire.  The one on New Year's Day 2006 was over 40,000
acres.  This one was far worse.  I was in Washington, D.C, Monday when
it broke out.  In one day it burned an area approximately thirty miles
by fifty miles.  Many of my ranchers were burned out completely.  One
lost over forty-five sections of land.  The toll in livestock has yet to
be counted.  Half the county I live in burned.  Thanks to the Forcst
Service, who water-bombed all the houses, no homes were lost and no
injuries to persons reported...so far.  Three towns evacuated, but
flames stopped short of each.  The fire is still burning in places.  If
you are religious, please pray.

Roverly,
Kent K.