[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Rear brakes- a slightly crazy idea.

Nathan Obuch nathanobuch at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 00:27:01 GMT 2008

Greetings!

I was wondering if anyone has considered modifying P6
rear brakes for ease of service and less expensive
parts.

The later swinging calipers seem impossible to modify,
but I think it should be possible to install an early
Dunlop style differential and fabricate a mounting
bracket for alternative calipers and pads. One could
install a modern rear caliper (the kind which have the
parking brake racheting mechanism built into the main
caliper piston.) It sure would be nice to be able to
drop on freshly rebuilt calipers and pads from the
corner autoparts store at $70 a pop....

Has anyone considered or actually accomplished
something like this? Of course, there are probably
some liability considerations involved with modifying
the brake system of a street car....

Nathan