[ROVERNET - UK] P6 Brakes - even more ??s

Ray Wilkins raymond.wilkins at bigpond.com
Sun Feb 3 06:48:29 GMT 2008

I had the same problem and raised the same question with this group. Luckily
I got some good advice (don't we always?). I presume you mean that the drive
shafts start to revolve when you start to try and undo the nut. To stop the
drive shafts from revolving, I wedged an iron bar between the threaded studs
on the wheel hub so that when the shaft revolves the bar bites into the
ground and creates a situation where the nuts can be removed albeit with a
fair bit of force. From memory the manual does recommend a fairly high
torque wrench setting. I hope this helps. I know from previous experience
what a 'bleep bleep' of a job this can be. Best of luck.

Ray Wilkins
1076 P6B
Melbourne Australia