[ROVERNET - UK] 3500S Pulling TC

Hank and Sally Manwell hdmanwell at alumni.bates.edu
Thu Apr 10 15:13:58 BST 2008

Attempting to rent a trailer from U-Haul can be really frustrating, given
their rules.  I tried to rent a tow dolly from them once to tow a Volvo 240
wagon behind my Volvo 760 Turbo wagon.  The Volvo turbo was rated on their
books for a 3300# tow.  The 240 weighed 2800#, which plus the weight of the
tow dolly, would have exceeded the 3300 limit by 100#.  A friend with a
Chevy Suburban came to my rescue for the 240 rescue mission.

So under U-Haul rules, you'd be out of luck towing the 2000TC behind the
3500s.  I'd be interested in who else would rent you a trailer - or tow
dolly - for that combination.

I've finally bought my own Aluminum trailer as well as a tow dolly.

Hank