[ROVERNET - UK] P6B nuts and bolts specs

phing phing at videotron.ca
Sat Nov 3 02:07:38 GMT 2007

Brook
 I haven't started on the P6B , yet . I was just enquiring which set of wrenches I would need most .I'm happy most of the car is
built with American spec nuts and bolts  The electrics will surely be BA sizes? . Rover and Jaguar loved 3 BA nut and bolts , which
are very difficult to find . Given Birmingham bloody mindedness I'm sure I will find some obscure parts are held on with BSF bolts
or even worse BS whitworth threads
A friend at University had a summer job in Vickers ship yard building the original Pand O liner Oriana . He found the bow section
was built using Whitworth  thread forms , the midships used BSF . The turbines used AmericanUNF bolts and the generators were built
using metric  bolts . His job was to hump a universal tool box around the hull and engine room !!
 Cheers
 Patrick