[ROVERNET - UK] P6B - Removing rear brakes

Gavin.Walker at csiro.au Gavin.Walker at csiro.au
Wed Mar 28 08:17:54 BST 2007

Hi Ray,
  That's where I got to when I rebuilt the rear callipers on a 2000 some
10 years ago.  When everything spun I gave up on removing the discs and
followed the book route.

Vaguely I remember having photocopied the page and clipped it up under
the body somewhere convenient.  Following the instructions I removed the
handbrake from the bell cranks and unbolted it from the diff.  It was
all fairly straightforward (with the appropriate muttering and
straining).  I might have taken the calliper pivot shaft covers off with
a spanner.  With the pads out there is plenty of room around the discs
without removing them.  I also did not disconnect the pipe between the
two callipers.

My overwhelming memory of the process is getting a sore neck from
lifting my head up to see.  Lying on your back at the right arm length
doesn't give good visibility.

Oh and I had a fluoro light hook up somewhere so there was plenty of
light.

Getting the pads out and in is probably the hardest part.

Gavin Walker
Canberra, Australia