[ROVERNET - UK] P6B - Removing rear brakes

peter king peter at king-co.com
Tue Mar 20 16:20:22 GMT 2007

Hi all.

Just a little late addition to this post...

Vern is right, it's hard to find a thin walled socket. I ground my 1
1/8" "thin wall socket"  down to half its original thickness on my
bench grinder, then it did the trick nicely. I did the job without
dropping the diff. Thanks to all the helpful advice given here, I
think I'll try dropping it next time, for the fun of it!

Peter

____________

> The manual's method is perfectly sound, except:
> * you do need a thin walled socket. I presume British tools were made
> with more economical use of material than us brutish colonials.
>
> Yours
> Vern

peter king + company
21 drydock avenue