[ROVERNET - UK] P6B - Removing rear brakes

Paul Smith Paul.Smith at auroraenergy.com.au
Sun Mar 18 21:34:39 GMT 2007

1.  Thanks for the compliment Dennis.
2.  Good summary Vern.
3.  I torque the disc bolts up and they have not come loose, without the tabs.  Yes they are useless (read broken) after the 2nd bending.  Been doing that for 5 years now.
4.  I don't have any special spanners for the brake hose/s.  Can't see the need!  Standard ones work fine.
5.  Cats have a tendency to wander under the diff when it is jacked up, and get brake fluid in their fur (since it dribbles to the base of the diff).  Threaten a bath if they don't clean up.
6.  I've never had any issues reattaching the half-shafts.  Can't say I am overmuscled either; I have thin arms designed for getting to P6 bolts... eg. the top starter motor bolt on a TC (I can remove it without taking the carbs off; bring on the P6 maintenance competition at a Rover meet!).  Maybe make it a write-out-the-procedure-without-a-manual competition?

PVS