[ROVERNET - UK] Rover 2000 TC (1966) petrol tank sender unit.

James Radcliffe j_radcliffe at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 13 02:01:42 BST 2007

Can anyone let me know what resistance I should get on my petrol sender unit
in Ohms. My tank has about 5 US gallons of petrol in it, and I am getting a
reading of 240 Ohms across the sender with my multimeter. Does this seem
about right? I get about 8 volts at the two terminals, the reading jumps
around a bit, but I think that is normal for the type of voltage regulator.
Where can I get a new sender if I need one? What can you use in place of the
special tool listed in the book to take out the sender?

James.