[ROVERNET - UK] Brake fluid question

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Mon Jan 1 18:15:40 GMT 2007

>I had a MC brake fluid "leak". turned out to be a poor seal at the
>inlet hose from the fluid container. I got new copper washers for
>both the inlets and had to tighten both into deformation to stop the
>no-pressure and high pressure leaks. If the MC is truly leaking,
>wouldn't the fluid just dribble down the wall at the mounting?

P6s have a double wall construction down in the footwell. If the
pushrod seal is leaking and the inner bulkhead seal that the pushrod
goes through is good, fluid can leak out and fill the inner cavity
without any clues.

That said, the inner bulkhead seal is rarely in good shape, and fluid
runs down the rod and drips off the pedal, making a wet spot on the
carpet.

Yours
Vern

--
Vern Klukas                             I'm a little . . .
Inkspot Type & Design
vern at inkspotco.com