[ROVERNET - UK] Shifting Problem (post for friend)

Steve L jaoa27 at verizon.net
Tue Feb 27 18:45:39 GMT 2007

My friend (he is the guy that had that green TC racer on eBay a few weeks
ago) is having the following problem -- I quote:

"The symptoms are it shifts fantastic from a cold start and then after about
5 minutes it becomes difficult to shift from any engine speed, and after
about 10 minutes it will let you out of a gear but not back into a gear such
as shifting from 2 to 3 or 3rd to 4th or vice versa. Sometimes I have had to
pull over and start from a standing start and working my way up thru the
gears."

The clutch cylinders are fine -- lots of clutch throw.  I have never heard
of the gearboxes having problems after driving a while.  What do you think?

Thank you,
Steve

p.s.  Does anybody have a spare Lucas 3AW warning lamp control that I could
purchase?