[ROVERNET - UK] Strippers

Vern Klukas vern at inkspotco.com
Fri Feb 2 23:46:57 GMT 2007

Stripping aluminum is way easier than steel, it
is worth trying one of the water soluble,
not-toxic to the environment types that they now
sell at hardware stores and paint stores.

After that (like if the car has been paint with
any two part type paint) I'd go with Eric's
suggestion and seek out an aircraft stripper.

Unless you are using something really caustic,
there is no danger to aluminum from strippers,
but watch out, the stripper can lurk in crevices
and play havoc later on. Also, watch out for any
factory sealant, it will soften in strippers as
well. I'm thinking here of the sealant between
the inner lid support and the outer skin.

Yours
Vern