[ROVERNET - UK] TC2000 Starter Woes

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 23:31:30 GMT 2007

Ron,
Yes,........ the dreaded hole.  I would recommend
finding a rubber or plastic plug to fit the hole and
drill to fit the plug.  For example the outer sill
rubber plug or the nylon plastic plug on the gearbox
to engine mounting plate (right side I think).

You could contact Peter, our parts manager regarding a
starter motor <heaster at telus.net>

Eric

--- rwacek at comcast.net wrote:

> Good Day Folks.
>
> This is the second time this has happened to me in
> the last 5 years. You know your starter is starting
> to go so you pull it. The nut at the end of the
> shaft which holds the drive on has loosened and
> falls down in the flywheel cavity along with a
> spring when you pull the starter out. Of course
> there is no inspection cover.The first time I was
> able to use a magnetic flexible cable and a mirror
> and light to retrieve the spring and/or nut.. I
> think I may still have the first nut down there
> lodged out of the way. What have you listers done.
> Ruth says to drill a one inch hole at the bottom to
> access the cavity. I can do that. Meanwhile I still
> need a new starter. Can anyone help with that?

Webmaster of The Rover Car Club of Canada
Website:  http://www.roverclub.ca/
Webmaster of a variety of sites from:
http://www.websrus.ca