[ROVERNET - UK] TC2000 Starter Woes

rwacek at comcast.net rwacek at comcast.net
Mon Dec 10 21:12:24 GMT 2007

Good Day Folks.

This is the second time this has happened to me in the last 5 years. You know your starter is starting to go so you pull it. The nut at the end of the shaft which holds the drive on has loosened and falls down in the flywheel cavity along with a spring when you pull the starter out. Of course there is no inspection cover.The first time I was able to use a magnetic flexible cable and a mirror and light to retrieve the spring and/or nut.. I think I may still have the first nut down there lodged out of the way. What have you listers done. Ruth says to drill a one inch hole at the bottom to access the cavity. I can do that. Meanwhile I still need a new starter. Can anyone help with that?