[ROVERNET - UK] Some questions on P6

Chris J Wilson chris at chris-wilson.org
Fri Aug 17 12:57:05 BST 2007

Hello Denis,

If you're after a workshop manual, take a look at eBay. I noticed several on
there last night when I was looking around. Follow these links for two
examples:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-3500-P1-1968-1974-Haynes-manual-RARE_W0QQitemZ23
0160790048QQihZ013QQcategoryZ18413QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-3500-P1-1968-1974-Haynes-manual-RARE_W0QQitemZ23
0160790048QQihZ013QQcategoryZ18413QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

As for towing, I've towed trailers on my 2000SC and 3500S in the past, but
would recommend stiffer shock absorbers that the standard unless you fancy
replacing your exhaust. The engine and chassis will definitely handle the
towing without any problems though. My 2000SC had a smaller diameter set of
springs inside the original ones when I bought it. With the new shocks I
fitted, it seemed to handle towing okay.

Regards,

Chris