[ROVERNET - UK] P6B rear brakes - again!

Netspace vmitps at netspace.net.au
Fri Aug 10 07:28:57 BST 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Wilkins" <raywilkins at optusnet.com.au>
To: <rovernet at lyris.ccdata.com>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2007 5:27 PM
Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] P6B rear brakes - again!

> Dear Rovernetters,
>
> I have recently reconditioned my rear brake calipers and am now in the
> position of having to put them back on. In my haste in dismantling the
> calipers I removed everything and now I'm not sure where the hoses go (I
> have got new ones). The manual doesn't seem to say. Each caliper has two
> threaded openings at the rear and the way I understand it is that on the
> RH
> caliper the hose with the spring covering attaches to the main brake line
> and to one of the openings while the other opening has the other hose that
> connects the 2 calipers. On the LH caliper the remaining opening has the
> bleed screw.
>
> Questions:
>
> 1. Does it matter which opening (upper or lower) on the caliper the
> hoses/bleed screw attaches to?

Yes.
Bleed screw goes in Lower hole on LH caliper.
The incoming brake line goes to the Upper hole on RH caliper.
Yes I know it seems wrong.

> 2. The threaded ends of the hoses are different lengths. Does it matter
> which end goes where?

The hose to the body, yes.  Long thread goes to brake line.
Can't remember the other one well enough.

> 2. There are 2 copper washers for the hoses. Are these for the connecting
> hose?

There are washers where the hose to the base unit attaches on the base unit.
There are washers for the hoses where they go in to the calipers.

PVS