[ROVERNET - UK] 2000TC starter relay

John Burkhard burkhaj at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 18 05:11:10 BST 2007

World wide Rovers P6 2000 SC/AUTO/TC, up to about 1971 model year have two
different types of starters.  Cars with inertia type starters do not have
relays in the system.  The solenoid depending on the year model can be
found next to or near the battery or on the left side of the engine in a
hard to get to location.  Cars with the pre-engaged starters all have
relays.  All pre-engaged starters have the solenoid on the starter motor
and a relay near the harness on the left side of the engine compartment.
It looks like all LHD 2000 Autos do have the pre-engaged starters. Other
than that what ever model you have you are going to have give the starter a
good look to be sure what starter you have.  Press on.