[ROVERNET - UK] Home brewed racing fuel

Geoff Kirkpatrick britcarnut at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 18 00:32:51 BST 2007

Hi Rovernetters,

Recently I've been reading online about how to make your own
high-octane racing fuel mixture. The formula seems to be about one
part xylene or toluene to three or four parts 91-octane pump gas
(different sites say different things), with several onces of Marvel
Mystery Oil, ATF, or 2-stroke engine oil per gallon of xylene/toluene.
I would like to try this concoction in my Mercedes 6.3 sedan, and also in
my P6 3500S. All the discussions of it that I've run across on various
performance-oriented websites are several years old by now, though.
Does anyone in this group have any personal experience trying this?
There was also mention that both xylene and toluene are materials that
can be used in drug manufacture (meth, I assume). Would I have the
DEA breaking down my door if I bought five gallons at Sherwin-Williams?

Any up-to-date info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Geoff

"This is the final test of a gentleman: his respect for those who can be of no possible service to him."
- William Lyon Phelps

Geoff Kirkpatrick, 382 Riverside Avenue, Ben Lomond, CA 95005, USA