[ROVERNET - UK] V8 Engine rebuild query

Peter_Mitchell bpf7akh02 at sneakemail.com
Wed Sep 20 13:49:17 BST 2006

Many thanks folks for the input on the rebuild of the 70 model P6B engine.

I now recall Kent's earlier some while back about machining the block and
crank to take the later seals. Also using the SD1 timing case for the power
steering pump and the larger oil pump sounds to be excellent advice.  I
shall pursue an SD1  case with local Rover identity here in WA, Kevin
Falconbridge, of Rover-Tech.

I took delivery of my P6B after a 3-month wait for some panel and pain to be
completed. It does look good and I am duly remotivated.

And my badge has arrived from the USA at last, thank you Kent!

Many thanks

Peter Mitchell