[ROVERNET - UK] Painting My Car

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Mon Sep 11 14:44:57 BST 2006

roland wrote:
> Soooooo, I
> wanted to ask the collective minds of experience here
> if I should just paint it myself, or just send it off
> to Maaco for a quick spray and fix the bodges if any.

Maaco will really do a terrible job. It will look bad and won't last at
all. They will simply paint over anything there is, including places
that should not be painted. If you don't want to spend thousands on a
paint job, the most important thing is to find someone who cares about
the car. A gifted amateur who cares will do a superior job to that of a
pro who's just tossing it off.

Glen