[ROVERNET - UK] "Restoring" Rovers, Market Value, et cetera

Eric Russell p6rovers at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 28 01:29:10 BST 2006

I agree that the value of a Rover is what someone will
actually pay out-of-pocket. An asking price is not a
reliable figure.

I paid out money for my restorations but I haven't
seen one sold up here for my actual costs given that I
did most of the work apart from that contracted out
(sandblasting, painting, and engine rebuild [that was
an interesting exchange of labour on one hand and
gratis on the other]. I painted one Rover but that's
another novel  ;-)

I have an agreed value coverage based upon an
appraiser's research but nobody would pay me for what
it's worth.  The market is not there. It's just
insured for what it might cost for me to rebuild a
Rover after a total loss.

You have to enter the Rover car world without
considering making a profit or even breaking even.

My car is restored to a standard that pleases me. It's
not concourse and all the parts do not come from the
same vehicle.

I like it.  If others like it - bonus!

Eric

Webmaster: