[ROVERNET - UK] 1951 Rover P4 Cyclops

Glen Wilson glenwilson at cavtel.net
Tue Jul 11 07:23:35 BST 2006

On Monday 10 July 2006 21:33, Steve Smith wrote:
>     Hello my name is Steve and I just purchased a 1951 Rover 75 Cyclops.  I
> am looking for information on this vehicle, such as the shift pattern,
> availability of parts, how many were imported into the US, what is the
> estimated value in US dollars.  I would like to know in the interst of
> restoration.  The car is 98% complete but needs painted and the interior
> re-done.  I am missing hood chrome and window chrome.  I would also like to
> know how the free wheel works?  I am located in cental Pennsylvania.

Steve,

Half of my Rover friends seem to Steve or Stephen! It's like Australia where
all the guys are named Bruce. Make things simpler...

My name is Glen Wilson, and I live a couple of hours east of you in
Wallingford, PA. I am located about 20 minutes south of Center City
Philadelphia. I once owned a 1963 Rover 95 which, while similar to your car,
was a much later model with some significant changes.

I've written to you offline to let you know who all the bad apples are on
Rovernet. Kent Kinard seems to know everything there is to know, but he's
going on vacation for a couple of weeks, so we will just have to soldier on,
somehow.

Glen