[ROVERNET - UK] 1947 P2 (Rover 16 Sport Saloon)

Stephen JC Beer stephen at beerinc.com
Fri Jan 27 14:01:52 GMT 2006

I would certainly prefer Rover Spec carbs. My P2 is a six cylinder,
however and the stock Solex is a twin choke. Would a Land Rover Solex
(or Zenith with an adapter) be large enough for the sub 6 second 0-60
times I am hoping for? ;-)

I do know of two sources in England for the original carbs (thanks to
the Rover Sports Register) but adapting one of the Landrover carbs I
have lying around would certainly save some quid.