[ROVERNET - UK] Clutch Hydraulics - 2000

Steven Dibdin sdibdin at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 9 00:16:16 GMT 2006

Hi all,

Good news- The readjustment and hanging slave cylinder bleed trick worked a
treat. I can now change gear sweet as a nut.

Bad news- I now have no brakes! I tried bleeding the brakes as the pedal had
become soft after Christmas.

I think the rear servo has finally died. When I got the car this October I
knew that the callipers and master cylinder had been professionally rebuilt.
But the servos hadn't been touched. I also knew that only the rear servo was
still connected to a vacuum source. So after I bled the rear callipers I
noticed that I wasn't getting any real pressure at the pedal. Took off the
vacuum line to the rear servo found what looks like brake fluid in the hose.

Eric, do you know off hand what thread/type self bleeding nipples I need for
the (Girling) brakes? I know my local factor has a range but don't know
which ones I'll need.

Oh well, I wanted to get back under cars.... careful what you wish for!

Cheers everybody,

Steven D