[ROVERNET - UK] SD1 Cast Aluminum Wheels

gerald miller geraldmiller at clear.net.nz
Fri Feb 10 07:06:00 GMT 2006

Hello rovernetters
talking of SD1 alloys
.I have bought a set of vitesse SD1 alloys off our local net trader.
Im going to mount them on my 72 P6b coz I think they will look FAB
My task is to make them look nice and 2006 not tired and 1988
Do I dip and strip and repaint
or bead blast and powder coat.
Anyone done restoration on alloys before ?
What is the better option
Also is it OK to shave  a few microns off the inner centre where the front
grease cap restricts a good fit
cheers
Gerald Miller
Auckland NZ