Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] Back on the list- Rover 5 Speed conversion

Robert Thornton R.Thornton at adelaidecitycouncil.com
Mon Feb 6 23:28:20 GMT 2006

Yep, the auto driveshaft will work fine. You also need a manual bell
housing and of course the console panel for the gearshift lever (I used
a Speco chrome plate and boot).  When installing the clutch master
cylinder it's a good idea to strengthen the bulkhead in that area as
over time it seems the firewall can begin to flex and crack around the
cylinder. I put in a couple of small steel plates either side of the
firewall where the cylinder is mounted. I also recommend using new
gearbox mounting rubbers which are available from Rimmers.

Rob