Subject: [ROVERNET - UK] Back on the list- Rover 5 Speed conversion

Andrew Moss amoss at xplornet.com
Mon Feb 6 23:16:20 GMT 2006

Hi Dermot,

I changed a couple of SD1's to from automatic to 5 speeds. It's very
straight forward. It is a case of changing the pedals, adding the clutch
master cylinder, flywheel, clutch and the transmission. I believe the
auto driveshaft will work.

Also note that the spigot bush (the brass bush that sits in the
crankshaft) is different for the automatic and manual. You must change
it otherwise the input shaft of the transmission will wobble and eat the
bearing. The clutch will also shutter. Let me know if you need some
hints on getting the bush out.

Good luck with it.

Andrew Moss
Ottawa, Canada