[ROVERNET - UK] Front Struts

Kent Kinard kkinard at wcc.net
Tue Dec 26 15:48:00 GMT 2006

OK, Glen, I guess a call to Ruth is in order.  I'll pass
on what she says.  I am about half way through an SD1
front end freshening and have only found one top mount
that turns smoothly under load.  A few months ago I
rescued the parts car that has a non-power rack and since
the bushes are new on that front end I will likely use the
whole assembly for a while (until I get tired of working
so hard to park).  Those top mounts have not been tested
as yet.  I've gone through three front ends already with
five more to go (unless I find another good top mount
first.  Then I'll quit.)  I really need enough good ones
for two cars.

I'm still going to the shed when it warms up a little and
look for that box the Monroe inserts came in.  I know I
saved it just for the part number reference.

Roverotationally,
Kent K.