[ROVERNET - UK] P6BS prototype

Glen Wilson rovercar at comcast.net
Mon Aug 28 06:00:24 BST 2006

Nathan,

No need for a replica because the car still exists in BMIHT Museum in
the UK, as far as I know.  I had some pictures up on the web a while
back that a friend took for me. I'll put them back up and let you know
where. The prototype was really sort of thrown together to see if it
would work without a lot of time or money spent on styling. The styling
on the car was later cleaned up a bit in a design model, and it didn't
look bad at all, for a mid-engined and fairly radical car.

Sir William Lyons reportedly killed this car because he didn't want
anything else in Leyland to be competing with the E-type.

Glen