Historic Restoration [WAS [ROVERNET - UK] Fuels and cars]

Dave Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Mon Sep 12 02:40:04 BST 2005

Hi Mike,
Thought I saw your name pop up earlier this month ...
Yeah ... still in Gawler. You wouldn't recognise the place .... going
too townlike for me.

ROVERNET CONTENT :-)
The SD1 is unregistered and unloved at present. Needs restoration or
becomes a parts car.

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~defender110/mypage/rover_sedan_pages.htm

Still deciding whether to make the P6B historic or implant the SD1's
4.6L and drivetrain. At least the P6 has potentially a better braking
system than the SD1!
If I go 100% LPG I could sell off the Haltech and the rest of the fuel
system. Trouble is, the Oz govt is introducing an "excise" on LPG
shortly. Who knows how much the price will jump.

I also understand the GM180 is too fat to fit in the P6B's tunnel <gloom>

 > The Rego dept in SA was always a bit draconian.....
 > but..... what if you had a 1948 chevy (or whatever) and
 > it had been modded or rodded back in the late 60s.....
 > the mods would be over 25 years old and any restoration
 > work would be to the mods??? I wonder how you'd get on then.

Original means just that unfortunately.
I am a member of the Landrover Register ( http://www.lrregsa.org.au )
and members have had to rip Holden motors and transmission from early
converted Series vehicles and refit the original 4cyl's to get historic.

Admittedly, Holden conversions, although popular, are considered
sacriledge by most club members. ;-)

Good to hear from you again.

PSST. How we doin' in the cricket? <hopeful look>
The Adelaide Crows beat Port Power by 83 points Sat nite.
Knocked them out of the finals.

Cheers
Dave
South Oz