Historic Restoration [WAS [ROVERNET - UK] Fuels and cars]

Sands sands2005 at home00.eclipse.co.uk
Sun Sep 11 20:21:45 BST 2005

G'day Dave!
                    Now is it Gawler you live in, or was that someone
else on Rovernet? I used to live in Evanston Park, the new (then) estate
near trinity College. I drove an SD1 Van Den Plas 3500..... having
resurfaced here in Britain I now have an 820 Vitesse....very much like
the SD1 in general bodyshape, but with a 2l turbo engine.

The Rego dept in SA was always a bit draconian.....but.....what if you
had a 1948 chevy (or whatever) and it had been modded or rodded back in
the late 60s..... the mods would be over 25 years old and any
restoration work would be to the mods??? I wonder how you'd get on then.

Mike    Vitesse   Norwich  .... formerly  Van Den Plas 3500  Gawler.