Historic Restoration [WAS [ROVERNET - UK] Fuels and cars]

Dave Read defender110 at ozemail.com.au
Sat Sep 10 11:14:53 BST 2005

Hi Scott
May not have a choice here in South Oz.
I will have to look up the rules.

<looking, looking, looking .... later>

Quote from
http://www.austinseven.org.au/Rego_Scheme.htm

WHAT IS A HISTORIC VEHICLE?

For the purposes of the Motor Vehicles Act and Regulations, a historic
vehicle is a motor vehicle:

     * where 30 years or more have elapsed since 1 January of the year
in which the vehicle was manufactured; and

     * that has not been modified from its original design to any
significant extent.

(A vehicle will not qualify for conditional registration if
modifications to the vehicle prejudice the historic integrity of the
vehicle. For example, a vehicle fitted with an engine or major
component/s from a different make to those originally installed, would
be considered to have been significantly altered from its original
design, and would therefore not be eligible for conditional registration
as a historic vehicle).
<END QUOTE>

Replacing the Lucas products could be deemed to be a "different make to
those originally installed"

Also the approved club person that certifies the integrity of the
vehicle is making a statutory statement incurring penalties if false.

Cheers
Dave
South Oz